IEC 60255-27 (BS EN) Rentals - Protection Relay Test Equipment
6kV 0.5J Surge Pulse Generator
Surge Pulse Geneartor Features
- 1.2/50us Surge Pulse to 6.6kV
- Constant Energy of .5J at Each Test Level
- 500 Ohm Source impedance
- ISO 17025 Accredited Calibration included
- Warning Lamp & Peak Voltage/Current Measurement
- Turnkey Solution - Arrives Ready for Testing!
The VSS 500N6.4 by EM Test provides the common surge immunity testing waveform (1.2/50us) to 6.6kV to IEC 60255-27 test levels 1-5. This equipement is ideal for overvoltage tests on protection relays and has no-load waveshaping. The no-load waveshape corresponds to IEC-61180-1. For this kind of testing the IEC 60255-27 standard requires a fixed energy of 0.5 J at the 1000 V and 5000 V test levels. To comply with safety regulations the VSS 500N6 is equipped with a contact to control warning lamps and with a safety interlock. This test generator comes with an ISO 17025 accredited calibration and meets IEC 60255-27 .5 J energy requirements.